Director of Business Development
Unconventional Business Network is looking for an experienced Director of Business Development to develop strong, profitable and mutually beneficial relationships for our nonprofit ministry. The mission of UBN is to glorify God by helping others learn, model, and teach Biblical principles in their workplace. You will be the one to ensure that our business is well funded through sponsorships, memberships, donor relationships and small business and church engagement.
We are looking for someone passionate about bringing Biblical truths and faith into the workplace and lives of business leaders as they learn, model and teach our core values represented in the acronym LEADING:
L ove God
A ppreciates Others
D riven by Purpose
N o Bondage
The area of responsibility for this role is critical to develop relationships with the right people to help fund our ministry, purchase services or products or partner with UBN in strategic alliances. This person needs to be comfortable calling on CEOs, small business owners and high-level executives. They need to be adept at listening to prospects and discerning win/win solutions.
This is a small ministry that will require a collaborative effort with the other team members.
- Cultivate, develop and expand major donor, sponsor, community, and partner relationships to maximize engagement and commitment with UBN
- Prospect, develop, acquire, and retain major donors to underwrite UBN’s existing and expanding network (this is aligned with contacts also being made by Founder/CEO)
- Develop UBN awareness and participation to retain and acquire Sponsors throughout Event cities
- Promote UB Roundtables and UB Forums offerings (local and national scopes)
- Promote small group study materials and other resources with churches through lead identification, prospecting, and closing
- Develop strategic relationships with other ministries and faith at work organizations that results in collaborative win/win solutions
- Participate in the development and implementation of major fundraising and business strategies and initiatives
- Proven experience as Sales Manager, Business Development, Relationship Manager or equivalent position
- Experience raising money for non-profits
- Proven track record of exceeding sales goals and quotas
- Excellent relationship and recruiting abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Familiarity with MS Office and various business software (e.g. ERP, CRM)
- BS/BA in Business Administration or Communications or relevant field; MS/MA will be a plus
To apply for this position contact Rick Boxx at email@example.com or 913.302.6226.